That CW wasn't a joke btw, you can physically abuse the Chao in this game! To death! It's a literal game mechanic! There is a video in this post!
In Sonic Adventure 2, there was a "Chao Garden" feature, where you raise these Cherubesque baby/alien/pet Chaos. Features include:
- Fight dojos where you pit these babies against one another
- Racing between the Chaos too, over water.
- A Kindergarten that confirms these Chao are children!
- A black market inside the Kindergarten...
- ... Where you can buy Chao eggs ...
- ... and it's implied the PRINCIPLE and the BABY DEALER are one and the same.
- Heaven / Hell Chao Garden worlds
- Child abuse mechanic where you throw, hit, jump on, and drown Chaos you don't like, a
- Chao death mechanic where a coffin/shell grows around the Chao and it dies. Here you can see a Chao die while you hear another Chao drowning in the background.
- The ability to send a Chao to a "faraway forest" so you will never see your Chao again ...
- ... Which is, like, the kind of thing you tell a kid about a pet you have to euthanize ...
- ... Accompanied by what sounds like an ornate funeral dirge :(
- I was a child when I had the thought over these past three bullets and I cried at the thought I had my Chao put down :(
- Also I accidentally threw Chao and jumped on Chao and that feels bad
Anyways, I hope they bring the Chao Garden back, it was very weird and also very fucked up in retrospect